Call for applications for positions in the International Executive Committee of Etudes Sans Frontières International – term 2016-2017
The election will take place at the ESF International Council Meeting on Sunday, 19th June 2016 at 20h00 Central European Summer Time, held by conference call.
TASK DESCRIPTIONS FOR IEC MEMBERS
PRESIDENT• Main guardian of mission and values of the organization• Main spokesperson of the organization• Leader and main motivator of his (her) team : IEC members and ESF International team• Must be able to convince donors, sponsors, partners, ESFI members and the general public to share funds and services• Recruiter of members of his (her) work team• Main consultant to ESF chapters• Main initiator of tasks devolved to IEC by the Statute• Chairs meetings of the IC[depending on ESFI’s situation and projects 5 to 10 hours of work per week]
VICE-PRESIDENT• Assists president in all of his (her) tasks• Assists president in all of his (her) tasks• Serves as a secretary for the IEC meetings: sends invitation, proposes agenda, moderates the meeting, takes notes and circulates the minutes among the IEC members and the chapters• Takes notes and circulates minutes of meetings of IC• Replaces president when necessary• Administration of Open Atrium[depending on ESFI’s situation and projects 5 to 10 hours of work per week]
TREASURER• Works with the president and vice-president to collect and administer funds for the organization• Keeps track of inflows and disbursement of funds• Presents 3 times a year a balance sheet to IEC members• Presents an annual financial report at the IC meeting that summarizes financial activities and assets of the finishing year and a provisional budget according to priorities and activities forecasted for the following year• Is accountable to donors and other funding sources regarding the use of their contributions• Handles matters of taxation (as far as this is required) and the according accounting• draft funding concepts/ (eu) project funding, make sure that all fundraising activities are in line with French association law.[depending on ESFI’s situation and projects 3 to 10 hours of work per week]
TWO ADDITIONAL MEMBERS OF IEC• Main consultants to president and vice-president• Take an active part in every meeting of IEC• Offer their support for any task that president or vice-president request• Fulfill regular tasks (ex. communications, press relations, publicity, translation, etc.)[depending on ESFI’s situation and projects 3 to 10 hours of work per week]
Requirements for president and vice-president
- Must be registered member of a ESF Chapter, [see ESFI Statutes, XIII. ]
Recommended Capacities needed for all positions of IEC :
- Have been an active member of a ESF chapter for at least half a year
- Have assumed responsibilities on local, national or project level in an ESF chapter, ESFI or a similar volunteer driven organization
- Be able to lead and motivate others
- Have motivation and ideas to improve existing ESF networks (communications, structure, etc.) and to further develop these all across the world
- Have motivation and capacities to organize in person ESF International conferences
- Be able to work and communicate in English, the main working language of ESFI.
- Please write a motivation letter (no longer than one page) in English answering the following questions:
- What experience do you have in ESFI’s field of work (acquired through ESF work or in similar organizations) ?
- What do you want to achieve for ESFI during the term?
- Which personal goals do you want to achieve through your work for ESFI?
- Please write a short CV in tabular form (no longer than one page) in English. Please indicate if you are a registered member in a ESF chapter.
- Please send these two elements together in one PDF file titled “First name Family name Application IEC 2015.pdf” to Benjamin Dilger, current ESFI President: firstname.lastname@example.org
The election of the 2016-2017 IEC members will take place at the IC meeting on 19th of June 2016 via conference call. Candidates who have handed in their motivation letter and one-page CV to the president at least 2 days before the date fixed for the IC meeting are strongly encouraged to take part in the IC discussions, but their participation is not mandatory. They have to be aware that they have no voting rights in the IEC election (unless they are delegates from an ESF Chapter).
The five candidates elected to the new IEC will decide amongst themselves at their first formal IEC meeting the functions and responsibilities they wish to fulfill and inform the Chapters’ Executive Committees about their decision as soon as possible.